Founded in 1995, Diamond Pain Relief & Wellness Center was the VERY FIRST Wellness Center in San Francisco!
Irene's Mom's Vision Came To Life!
When our director, Irene Diamond, R.T., was in her 20's her mother, Grace, a clinical psychologist, made a comment that stuck with Irene for years!
"We should open the Diamond Center and we all can work at it!"
A family-run wellness center made sense!
Everyone in their family was in a 'helping' field.
Irene's Father, Milton Diamond, was a Neuro-biologist researcher, Educator and Scientist
Mother a Clinical Psychologist specializing in Child psychology
Older Sister: A clinical Social Worker
Younger Sisters: Special Ed teacher & Occupational Therapist
Irene: Pain Relief Specialist
Sadly, everyone was living in various parts of the globe, so the idea never came to fruition... but a little flame was lit in Irene's mind.
Before the concept of a "Wellness Center" was known:
Irene knew there was a need to combine an integrated approach to taking care of a person's over-all well-being.
She wanted to develop a multi-practitioner warm, welcoming environment where a variety of wellness service and providers could serve their clients and patients, all under one roof.
(Her idea was to be able to cross-refer to each other in-house, rather than sending clients and patients all over San Francisco.)
Irene was a ground-breaker of this one-stop-shop coordinated approach in San Francisco. Calling her multi-practitioner practice a “Wellness Center” before people even knew what “wellness” was!
DWC is a family-owned business, directed by Irene, and run by a teeny team of dedicated, friendly, warm-hearted people .
Each health care provider providing their service through Diamond Pain Relief & Wellness is either a sole proprietor or corporation and carries their own insurance, licenses, and business permits.
Our goal is to provide you with the best support, education, and hands-on & movement-based therapy that will get you results — fast and effectively!
For People In Pain & Stress:
Our Goal is for you to experience immediate relief within your first visit. Of course your pain may not completely be gone after a single session, so we then develop a precise therapy plan that will include sessions with us as well as you doing your ‘homework’ throughout your day.
(Most people will see a marked resolution of their issue in their 1st visit, and if it is stubborn, it may take a handful of Active Myofascial Therapy sessions.)
SIGN A PROMISE NOTE:
It’s crazy, but we are so serious about getting you pain free, if you’re not willing to sign a written agreement that you will do your home-care portion, we will refuse to accept you as a client.
For Maintenance & Wellness Enhancement:
Once you reach your goal, a maintenance plan is designed for you. We consider your lifestyle, schedule and budget as we develop this with you.
You can even achieve higher levels of wellness, sports enhancement, and job performance through The Diamond Club for regular therapeutic care.
We are a research and evidence-informed center.
This means our clinical decisions and the services we offer are based on modalities and practices that have been well-researched and found to be effective.
(To the best of science’s ability to prove!)
Our signature modality for treating soft-tissue induced pain, restriction and dysfunction is the rehabilitation modality of Active Myofascial Therapy – The Diamond Method. AMT was created by our director, Irene Diamond, based on her own spinal cord injury that left her completely paralyzed at the age of 15. (AMT & Irene are recognized in the Massage World Hall of Fame, and Irene also teaches other Health Care Providers The Diamond Method so they can provide AMT in their own practice.)
Personalized Initial Consultation Over The Phone Prior to Booking:
In your initial phone or in-person conversation with us, we conduct a complimentary brief consultation. You will speak with one of our managers or the director.
Through this complimentary phone consultation, we will uncover exactly what you want and need, so we can be sure to schedule you with the Precise practitioner for your Precise clinical goals! Our staff is trained to assist you in determining what service will be exactly right for you!
We prefer to work with clients on an on-going basis through programs and packages, but may also offer single-session solutions.
You’re Our TOP Priority!
- If you have any questions as to what type of therapy, service or practitioner would be best for you, please ask.
- We integrate easily into other Western and Eastern methods and modalities of pain management, soft-tissue injury and dysfunction relief, nutrition, mindfulness, stress relief, weight management, and over-all fitness and wellness maintenance and enhancement.
- If we can’t provide the proper services for your clinical goals, we have a wide network of other Health Care Providers we can refer you to.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee — or You Don’t Pay!
We are the ONLY center where your therapist offers you a 100% satisfaction guarantee or you don’t pay for your service.
(We ONLY associate with therapists who are THAT sure of their service, skills and ability to help you get results!)
“Finally, Find Pain Relief” Wellness Consultation:
You may request to receive a “Finally Find Pain Relief” Wellness Consultation (by filling in this form. Our director, Irene Diamond will personally speak with you to help you define the best therapy approach for your goals, your budget and your time schedule.
($250-$500 Wellness Consultation fee is waived for first time clients)
- We are located in a charming blue and white Victorian house converted for our use.
- You are greeted in a large reception area with a fireplace and other warm touches.
- Complimentary hot tea, snacks and fresh fruit at each visit
- During the holidays we provide special events, treats & sweets
- Fresh orchids are placed in every room for elegant grace and ease for all your senses
- Natural sunlight fills the entire Wellness Center, and each room has windows for fresh air and chirping birds!
Please remember – we are not a spa!
- The rooms are not sound-proof and sometimes you do hear noise from outside.
- You won’t get the fuzzy robes, slippers, and lemon-water…
- BUT you will receive the highest quality of services at the best value around, with a big, happy smile!
We are located in the beautiful Marina District close to Union Square, Fisherman’s Wharf, Japan Town, Pacific Heights and North Beach. If you are coming from Marin, we are just over the Golden Gate Bridge and you can easily access us by public transportation or foot.
- Free street parking right out front with no meters! (shhhh, don’t tell anyone)
- The parking turnover is fairly frequent so you can usually find an available spot right on our block.
- If, for some reason you are having trouble, there is an affordable public parking lot above the main post office near Filmore St.
(Enter on Moulton St).
Please keep in mind, if there is an event in the Marina, parking may be more of a challenge, so please allow additional time, so you don’t cut into your session time.
Hours: Open most holidays!
Monday – Wednesday – Friday 10:30 – 8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 10:30 – 6:00pm
(Closed Tuesdays & Thursdays temporarily)
In San Francisco:
We are located in the Marina District of San Francisco at
1841 Lombard Street (Between Laguna & Buchanan Streets)
San Francisco, California 94123